The Seraphim and the Thrones
Biblical description of the Seraphim
The Seraphim belong to the higher order of angels. They are a movement of fire, warming those below them with the fire of divine love.
The Bible describes the Seraphim as terrifying looking creatures.
1. They have 6 wings: 2 cover the face, 2 cover the feet, and 2 for flying. The six wings that each of them is said to possess indicate the revelations they receive from the Creator and pass on to mankind.
Isaiah 6:2-3 "Above Him stood seraphim, each having six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling out to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts; all the earth is full of His glory.”
2. They have eyes covering the inside and outside of their body.
Revelations 4:8 "Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out."
3. They have faces similar to a lion, a calf, an eagle and a man. In a divine sense, the lion represents power, majesty, wisdom, dignity and leadership. The calf represents strength. The eagle represents stamina, and youth. The man represents the image of God, his glory.
Revelations 4:7 "The first living creature was like a lion, the second like a calf, the third had a face like a man, and the fourth was like an eagle in flight."
4. They proclaim unceasingly the holiness of ELOHIM echoing his glory in the heavenly places.
Isaiah 6:3 "And they were calling out to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts; all the earth is full of His glory.”
Revelations 4:8 "Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty— the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”
5. They minister to God. They are his agents of purification.
Isaiah 6:6-7 "Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And with it he touched my mouth and said: “Now that this has touched your lips, your iniquity is removed and your sin is atoned for.”
The Thrones belong to the higher order of angels and are positioned at the heavenly borders of the Holy of Holies. They are a fixed movement, which is not shaken by the trials that come upon them.
May the Holy Spirit guide you in the understanding of this message. 🙏